Friday, June 24, 2011

Singapore with Travel+Leisure 2011

Singapore will complete my third trip to Asia in the past 12 months. The Asian people define hospitality beyond what we pride ourselves in the South as Southern Hospitality. It is a joy for me to return to Singapore with many of my esteemed colleagues within the travel industry, and more importantly to share this wonderful experience with my daughter Kristin.

Singapore is a tiny island state in Southeast Asia, south of Malaysia. It encompasses over 250 square miles and is half the size of the island of Kauai in Hawaii, and a little larger than the island of St Lucia in the Caribbean. Over 5 million people call Singapore home with over 75% of the population Chinese. Despite it's small size, the island is expanding. There is much "reclaimed land".

Singapore is 12-hours ahead of Eastern time zone. So, if it is 5pm in Atlanta, it is 5am the next morning in Singapore. Simply advance 12-hours and you will know the time difference!

I am sitting in the relaxing Star Alliance Lounge in Los Angeles waiting for my 9pm Singapore Airlines departure. We will be flying on their all business class flight non-stop to Singapore, for what I believe to be a 16-hour flight! I plan to enjoy a good night's rest in the flat-bed business class section. Pictures hopefully to follow... good night...good

morning...I guess it depends where in the world you are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment